Red&White font

Links & contacts

Click on the links (below) to visit different websites that have relevant content.

Bristol RELH/ECW mark-1 coaches

Bristol Commercial Vehicles in preservation.

Bristol Vintage Bus Group.

Pictures of Red&White buses & coaches in service (1).

Pictures of Red&White buses & coaches in service (2).

LAX 101E, Red&White Bristol RESL/ECW bus.

SAX 1G, Red&White Bristol RELH/ECW coach.

SWO 986, Red&White Bristol MW/ECW coach.

TAX 235 & 20 AAX Red&White Bristol 'Lodekkas' .

Red&White Services Ltd full history.

OAX 9F interior

Everyone enjoys a relax in Ruby's comfortable seats.
"Gosh they're just so comfy, like arm chairs!" is a frequent comment.
They had to be, coach journeys were often long before motorways!

Tredegar Bus Station & depot

Tredegar Bus Station


magazine, issue 13th February 1959, (page 43) article reads

Big New Depot for Red & White
"A new Bus Station capable of handling the I50 vehicles serving the Glamorgan and Monmouthshire valleys from Tredegar has been opened for the operators Red and White Services Ltd., by Mr Aneurin Bevan MP.

The new Tredegar Bus Station, comprising eleven “saw tooth" platforms, offices and a garage for 80 vehicles, adjoins Commercial Street. It will be used not only by Red & White, but also by Associated Motorways for their express services and by other undertakings serving the district.

In addition to providing cover for passengers, the station offers much improved staff amenities and maintenance facilities. The workshops have five repair pits, two greasing pits, an automatic bus-washing plant and steam cleaner and extensive stores. The site, which was taken over from the National Coal Board, will reduce dead mileage and relieve congestion in the town centre."

The large depot where Ruby was garaged most of her career, was located at the back of Tredegar Bus Station. The Bus Station and Depot at Tredegar was demolished in the mid-1990's.

Bus Stn Opening 31 January 1959

Pictured (left) is the entrance to Tredegar Bus Station on 30 January 1959 and (above) local MP Aneurin Bevan opening the station that day.

You are viewing the text version of this site.

To view the full version please install the Adobe Flash Player and ensure your web browser has JavaScript enabled.

Need help? check the requirements page.

Get Flash Player